Intermittent Fasting (commonly referred to as IF) is the act of not eating for a certain period of time. One has an eating window where they eat, and the other hours, they are not eating.
Fasting. Hour 36 now and counting. I’ve done 48 and I’ve seen people do 30 Days (provided their body had the fat reserves)!
I watched a show last night on fasting. The human body can go up to 40 days without needing protein for survival.
People were cured from hypertension, arthritis, mental illness and other chronic issues. Fasting flips a switch and causes the body to eat away it’s old cells and create new ones. A fountain of youth, if you will.
Watch The Science of Fasting. It’s on Amazon Prime Video. https://amzn.to/2PM1blcKeto Coach Lori Ballen
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- Fewer calories are eaten
- Autophagy: The body will eat away at its own dead and underperforming cells restoring new cells. Great for health and youthfulness.
- Insulin Levels drop
- Human Growth Hormone Increases (burn more fat, gain muscle)
- Reduces Belly Fat
- Reduces stress and inflammation
- Improves the Health of the Heart
- Improves Brain Health
- May Prevent Cancer
- May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Known to improve Depression and Mood
Who Should Fast?
- Those that are Fat Adapted (usually a few weeks after working the Keto plan at a high level)
- Those who are naturally not hungry
- Those that wish to restart their plan after going off plan
How to Fast
- Choose an eating window. This is the time you will eat.
- Start your Fast after Dinner
- Don’t take in calories or fat! Anything over 50 calories is pretty much breaking your fast.
- Take your electrolytes!
- Drink your coffee black or with under 50 calories of additives
When to Fast
- Can be done daily
- Can be extended to longer fasts such as 24 hours, 36 hours, or 48 hours
- Eat 8 hours / Fast 16
- or Eat 6 hours / Fast 18
- or Eat 4 Hours / Fast 20
How to Break a Fast
- Once you are done with your fast, resume with your regular meal
- When fasting, you may eat only 1 or 2 meals a day
I’m not a big meat eater. I have to be very purposeful about my protein. I eat meat, nuts, and dairy. I also do a shake now every day that includes protein and collagen peptides.Lori Ballen Keto Coach
Will Bullet Proof Coffee Break A Fast?
- What Electrolytes Should I Be Taking?
- What’s the Quickest Way to Get Back Into Ketosis?
- What is The Best MCT Oil?
- What Is The Keto Rash
- How to Do the Keto Diet Without a Gallbladder