As an Affiliate and Amazon Associate, I earn money form purchases made through my links, sponsored posts, and ads. This does not cost you anything extra.
A Popular Conversation
Despite adhering to the most strict macros and busting your butt with exercise, sometimes the body just doesn’t want to budge. It’s frustrating, but this is simply a plateau that you can and will break through.
Very few people are exempt from ever experiencing a weight loss plateau in their fitness, whether they are looking to lose body fat or gain muscle.
There are many why your fitness may have stalled:
1. If you lost a significant amount of weight quickly – like in week one – and now your body is readjusting to the amount of water it needs.
2. You are consuming too many carbohydrates, even if you think you’re at 20-25 net grams. Carbs – including sugars – are hidden in spices, processed meats, and even cough medicine. Are you really only eating ½ cup of broccoli? If not, those carbs can add up!
4. You could be dehydrated. It sounds contradictory to drink more water when we are bloated, but bloating is a sign of dehydration. Our bodies are in protection mode, storing excess water because it fears water is not readily available.
5. Calorie counting. It’s the quality – not quantity – of calories that matter, but be mindful of overdoing it. You may be keeping your carbs low, but still
6. Happy hours are not so happy for your body.
Alcohol, even when it’s low carb like vodka, can stall your ability to lose weight by more than 70% after just two drinks.
8. Stress. Friends, high cortisol levels can keep fat glued to your body, especially your midsection.
7. Hidden food sensitivities. If dairy, seeds, nuts, peanut butter, and foods that contain certain sugar alcohols like maltitol and sorbitol are main staples in your diet and you’ve stalled, consider removing them.
9. Your body is so used to eating the same way all the time that it’s maintaining status quo.
- 10 Ingredient Keto Coffee.
- 17 Keto Chicken Recipes
- 17 Mistakes to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- 2 Layer Chocolate Chip Brownies Keto Recipe
- 2 MINUTE Keto Bread