Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
After losing 50 pounds on the Keto Diet in 2018 following a divorce from a 25-year marriage, I’m RESTARTING! I gained much of the weight back after a hysterectomy later that same year followed by quarantine where I really fell off the Keto Wagon!
I’ll be sharing my journey as I kick off the Keto Restart on July 1, 2020! I’m going to be authentic in my approach and share exactly “how it is”.
I won’t be perfect. I will be honest.
My starting goal is 1200 Calories per day and Net 20 Carbs. I’ll be doing moderate cycling, walking, aerobics, and weight lifting for toning, strength, and movement as my life is extremely sedentary.
I’m doing no keto fat bombs or treats the first month. I want to repeat how I did it in 2018. My meals will be simple.
I do intermittent fasting with no more than 8-hour eating windows.
I’ll be 49 next month and am 5’8 for those who may want comparisons. Keep in mind that everybody is different and will respond differently. Consult with your doctor regarding your own health and fitness.
OK. Here we go.
- 193.8 pounds
- 29.9% BMI
- 42.8% Body Fat
- 25.2% muscle
- Scale Reports: Age 54
- Ches: 38″
- Waist: 32″
- Widest Part of the Hip: 46″
- Thighs: 27″
What I Ate:
- Salad with Cucumber, Cheese
- 1/3 pound Burger with cheese (No Bun),
- 4 Delivered Egg halves
- Bubbies Pickles
- Calories: 1221
- Carbs: Net 18
My second meal was at 5 and it was filet mignon, mixed asparagus, onion, mushroom fry, and a small salad with cucumber and avocado.
My total “window” of eating calories was 5 hours. I drink black coffee in the morning as to not break my fast.
My Total Calories were 1189.
Macros Day 2
Macros are nutrients counted when measuring what we eat on the Keto Diet. Most of us like our fat nutrients to be the highest.
This pie shows that 61% of my daily calories on this day came from fat calories, 28% of my calories eaten were protein and 11% were carbohydrates. My goal is always 10% carbs or less, not that I am ever perfect.
Using My Fitness Pal, I’m able to see the total grams of Carbohydrates I ate as well as the total fiber. When you subtract your fiber from your carbohydrates, you get your results which are called NET CARBS. My daily goal average is Net 20 Carbs.
I blew it. Everything was on schedule til 1PM when my nieces came over. I had planned to eat my own lunch at 1 and still make them macaroni and cheese.
The mistake was, not eating first. Once I started on the Macaroni, I knew I had to taste it and before I knew it, I was buttering 2 pieces of wheat bread to go with my bowl of Macaroni and Cheese.
That led to chips while we watched a movie, a snack size snickers and a grilled cheese for dinner.
Keto Fail. Back at it tomorrow.
It doesn’t matter how many times we fail as long as we start again.
First food at 2 PM and I repeated the filet and asparagus plus a dinner salad with Avocado. About 1200 calories and net carbs were closer to 30 with the extra avocado and 3 dark chocolate almonds. The eating window was only 1 hour this time. 2-3 PM. I also drank a Vital Proteins shot with the meal.
I made a Chicken Fajita Bowl. I should have had more fats though as I wound up binging a bit on peanuts and dark chocolate almonds in the evening.
The first meal was at 2 PM following a 30-minute spin. This meal is so easy. It’s such a filling keto meal as well.
601 Calories | Net 4 Carbs
Week 1 Results
Down 4.8 Pounds, 1 ” in waist, 1″ in hips. I know this is water weight AND is still very satisfying. In spite of the macaroni and cheese cheat meal, I reached ketosis by the very end of the week1
- Keto PizzaThere are many ways to prepare Keto Pizza. From Almond Flour Crust to Cauliflower crust and even Pizza Lasagna Recipes, you have plenty of low carb Pizza options. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Keto RecipeI make my Chocolate Chip keto ice cream recipe by blending it in a blender first and then churning in my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for about 25 minutes. It’s pretty soft at first but can be eaten. Freezing it for a bit makes it nice and solid.
- Keto Lemon Cream Cheese cookiesI love this Keto Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe. You could also leave out the lemon zest and just keep the cream cheese! They would also be delicious frosted with your favorite keto icing!
- Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cake Keto RecipeThis Chocolate chip Chocolate Cake Keto Recipe is a sweet treat! It’s topped with buttercream frosting and is teenager approved!
- Chocolate Fudge Mousse Keto RecipeTeenager approved, this chocolate fudge mousse keto recipe is perfect for any occasion and every meal.