Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
Most of us have been there one time or another. During my 50-pound weight loss in 6 months on the Keto diet, I fell off program more than once. There are many tactics people use to get back on program and I’ve included many. Choose what works for you. I’m a fan of the good old-fashioned fast and just jumping back into
No Regrets, Only ResetsKeto Coach Lori Ballen
How to Get Back on Program
- Do a 24 hour fast. It will Suck. You’ll be hungry.
- Simply get back on the keto program ASAP
- Reconnect with the reason you started this in the first place
- Create a short-term goal. Make it public.
- Sit down and plan and commit to one week. Set your Keto meal plan now. Sometimes just having the plan is enough to get you started.
- Find a buddy to start it again with you. Pick a start date, a goal, and an end date to reach that goal. Start with small goals and pick up once you’ve reached that one.
- Go Workout. Take a walk, at least.
- Purge your kitchen and do a grocery haul
- Ease back in with a higher carb limit. If you were net 20 before, maybe just go for a 50 carb limit day for 7 days and work back in.
- Pick a new start date such as the 1st of a month, and/or a Monday
- Buy a new piece of goal clothing, just one size smaller and try them on each day. Display them where you see them all day long.
- Write out a commitment in a journal, a letter to yourself, a social media post
- Get your family to rally behind your new commitment
- Do a Cleanse
- Some will say to take exogenous ketones. I’m not a fan of this tactic personally. When our bodies are trained, the ketones will come back naturally and generally quickly.
- Join a 60-day challenge or hire a coach! Check out our next roll in date and message us if you need an emergency call before that day!
Lori Ballen is a certified Keto Coach who helps others lose weight through the ketogenic diet. After shedding 50 pounds in 6 months, she became passionate about helping others. She Created a Keto Course based on her personal experience.
- Is Applesauce Keto?
- Keto fans rejoice over Keto Cookies at Aldi.
- Low Carb Pasta
- The Top 10 Best Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powders
- Sole Water Recipe