Fat adapted is when your body is creating energy from fat instead of glucose. While this can occur when you are in ketosis, ketones are not required to become fat adapted.
Science Behind Fat Adaptation
Signs That You Are Fat Adapted
- No longer “Hangry”
- You can go long periods of time without eating.
- You have energy
- You can workout without eating extra carbohydrates
How Do I Become Fat-Adapted?
- Lower your carbohydrates to less than 10% of your total calories eaten
- Increase your fats
- Avoid eating too many times a day
- Consider Intermittent Fasting
- Avoid sugar and alcohol
- 17 Keto Chicken Recipes
- 17 Mistakes to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- 2 Week Carb Cleanse
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks and Health Benefits
- Are Shellfish Ok For Keto?